Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stamping 411 SSC136 sketch challenge. I used designer paper and fussy cut out the body to give it some personality. I added the ladybugs on the side just to keep with the bug theme. I also scored the card across the top and along the right side. I made some lines from the ladybugs to give it a flight look but they really don't show up too good. The clouds are from an x-ray film I cut to make a template in one piece with different rounded areas I just lay it down and using a sponge work out from template and move around to get the look I want. I like it better than a stamp although I have used stamps for some cards but I keep coming back to the film.

8 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this just makes me smile Billie! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us! (((Hugs)))

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Now this made me smile!!! How stinkin' cute is this. You did a fab job on the clouds and your choice of color is spot on. Love, love, love it!

Patti Chesky said...

I love how each part of his body is a different patterned paper. It's so adorable!!!!!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! love the clouds in the background! Thanks for playing this week!

Anonymous said...

oh how adorable. Love the clouds and the grass you've made and the ladybugs you added on the right side instead of the brads. What a smile makier of a card. It's extra cute!!

Unknown said...

Your card is so adorable! Love those bugs and that sky is incredible.

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute!!! I love your clouds and those bugs are adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Stamping 411!!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...too cute...love the bug! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 this week!