Sunday, April 12, 2015

Case-ing Monika's card / Happy Blooming birthday

Sunday April 12, 2015
 
It's late in the day Sunday but I wanted to join in on the Case-ing Monika's card of choice in celebration of her Birthday..
 
this is the card I chose to CASE... Kind a .. You know me I have a little different twist. This is Monika's card below.
 

This is my card..  I used water color paper below and embossed it. I whipped versa mark over the inside of the embossing folder and then ran it through my vagabond.. then poured clear embossing powder over it.. I then started with H2O paints... WELL the versa mark filled the whole card.. so the H2O's would not color it because it was ALL embossed.. So there is a backside to the of the water color paper and so then I used the H2O's and colored the piece. Then cut it down and adhered to the white cardstock. I cut a small strip of black paper and added above the water color paper. Found a nice green piece of scrap and cut a circle. I took the Stampin up flower bloom and ranger inks and stamped the flowers and leaves and then used the matching die to cut it out. I layered the pieces and added to the circle. Added a few sequins and the sentiment.  It's not manly but it is close to Monika's card.  

Challenges:
Monika bd case-ing challenge
613 Avenue Create #119 - atg /bingo  - A-2, birthday, watercolor
Lil patch of crafty friends #7 - atg
Challenge up your life #12 - embossing
Scribble & scrap #42 - atg
Crafts 4 eternity #221 - texture
Creative fingers #75 - atg
Simon Wednesday - spring flowers
Sister act #101 - atg

recipe: water color paper, h2o, su die, stamp, sentiment, scraps, sequins, ranger inks





7 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Billie wohoooo..I still wake up yesss it is 11:30 PM in Munich should go sleep tomorrow again my work day after two weeks took care kids at home..(easter holiday)
Wooowwww....may I tell you...you choose the cathegory NO DEsign Paper on my CASE list hehe..this is amazing color Billie..love the main image too and sweet sentiment and great use my (ehem) self idea sketch...love love love the bright color on your card Billie..many thanks to join my bday linky party you are my sweet bloggy friend..bigg hugs..
Monika

Tindaloo said...

Wonderful colors on this cas card! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo PS: I got blogcandy if u wanna join ;)

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create Rachel dt

jenn shurkus said...

love that inky background!! great card :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

michele said...

Thank-you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week, Gorgeous card! hugs x

Chana Malkah said...

Hey Billie, love your interpretation of the CASE challenge. Nicely done background. Thanks for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Alyx said...

Fab and funky. Love it. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx