Friday, May 19, 2017

Happy Birthday flowers / leaves / medallion

Friday May 19, 2017
 
Well I was playing again in my craft-room.. I keep seeing so many medallion cards created and I knew I had a Stampin Up medallion and so I took an A2 size water color paper. I stamped the medallion and heat embossed with Simon Says antique gold. I then smooshed some Ranger oxide inks in blue, green, yellow on my craft sheet. I spritzed it with water and laid the water color paper in it. I then heated and spritzed with water and re-dipped in the spritzed watered down in and dried and kept doing this till I got the results I was pleased with. I then took my Paper Trey Ink flower die and cut out three sizes. I was going to use the stamp set with it... but I had so much going on with the background I didn't want the stamped flowers to be toooooo much.. So I just took some Ranger inks and sponged it on the flowers. I added a sequin to the center and added some Nuvo drops. I then added some die cut leaves by Stampin up.. (I do test kits for a local scrapbook company and I always have so many left over scrap pieces that are not big enough to use for backgrounds but perfect for small die pieces.. so I spent a long time die cutting scraps from the left overs from my cards and scrapbook scraps) I then took a Simon Says sentiment and using Stampin Up ink stamped and trimmed down and added. I added the flower and sentiment with foam dots.  I was going to add sequins to the background but again it's so busy with the medallion I didn't want to over do..  What do you think???
 
Challenges:
Word art Wednesday wk. 282-283 - anything goes
Stars stampz - for mom/special lady
A gem of a challenge #194 - spring fever
Crazy 4 challenges #385 - green/emerald green
AAA #90 - embossing (medallion)
Artistic inspirations #179 - anything goes/opt. cas
Use your stuff #264  - metallic
A bit more time to craft #44 - anything goes
The crafters café #173 - birthday
Creatalicious #115 - anything goes/opt. stencils
Tuesday throw-down #343 - texture
Cards und more #185 - cards for women
Crafting by design - you're so special
Simon Wednesday - a bit of sparkle
Color throw-down - colors
Fab 'n' funky #351 - create background
Crafty gals corner #123 - add flowers
Creative fingers #130 - anything goes
Color crazy wk. 20 - anything goes
Crafty catz #371 - anything goes/opt. 2 or more layers








20 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Striking, bold and so colourful. Wonderful array of elements here and thanks for sharing at AAA Cards

missgailly said...

Beautiful! Love that gold medallion. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Jo Ann said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors. Thank you for joining us here at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will link more projects with us soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture in II Thessalonians 3:3 (KJV) " But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil." God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Wanda Cullen said...

Love that gold medallion as the anchor to your collage! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

Janette said...

Lovely bright and cheery card Billie, thanks for joining us again this week at CraftyCatz...good luck in the challenge....x

Jane said...

Superbly rich and sumptuous, fabulous! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

~amy~ said...

Lovely, that medallion embossed in gold is fabulous.

Elizabeth Hart said...

The gold embossing really made this into an elegant card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Jackie C said...

fabulous! Thank you so much for entering at Creatalicious. Jackie DT member x

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I love this the gold so beautiful Billie and the splatter colors there so adorable too sweet flower Dies
and the sentiment is cool in blue too adorable Flowers and medallion card
hugs
Monika

Vickie Z said...

WHat a fun collage background!! Great card- so happy you joined us at CTD!

Broni said...

Great background and embossing! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

What a very lovely card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next week too!
Blessings,
CGC DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

Maikreations said...

Love all the different textures! Thank you for joining our "Women's Card" challenge over at the Cards und More blog. Happy crafting and all the best, Maike

carol said...

lovely creation,thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x Carol

Tindaloo said...

Fabulous card and great embossed detail! :) Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again!
PS: I got a sweet blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo

cass said...

Wonderful Birthday card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Birthdays" challenge.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fantastic and vibrant card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious
Tina dt

Tina said...

Beautiful!!!! Thank you for Joining us at The Crafters Cafe. hugs Tina DT x

Melanie said...

A lovely birthday card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional stencils” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…