Monday, August 28, 2017

Live Laugh Love - Catch the bug ABC

Monday August 28, 2017
 
Well today being Monday and at Catch the bug that means Anything But a Card.. ABC
 
So few months back I made a plaque which I have on  the coffee table ... It was time to make another plaque
 
 
So I cut a piece of watercolor paper 5X7 and spritzed with Dylusion sprays and water then dried it. I then I took some texture paste and added some stencil paste areas.. I can see I need to figure out better placement but I am learning.. I know next time... I then used some Art Anthology sand black paste and another stencil. I used a couple different stamps and stamped in different areas around the plaque. I used some Distressed crayon in black and went around the edges but it was too dark so I then went over the area with Lumiere paint.  I die cut the Live Laugh Love butterfly trio with Simon Says stitched circle die. I also cut a chip board circle for each image. I colored the images with copics and used Ranger inks to fill in around the image. I took Lumiere paint and dabbed it on the circle. I adhered the images to the chip board and added to the plaque. I then adhered the plaque to a piece of chipboard to give it strength. Right now I have it on my bakers rack so we can see it during meal time.  

Challenges:
Deep ocean #162 - fave color combo (green/purple/yellow/orange)
Word art Wednesday wk. 296-297 - anything goes
The house that stamps built - anything goes
Jo's scrap shack #203 - anything goes
QKR stampede #258 - eye on ball or anything goes
Glitter 'n' sparkle #254 - anything goes






5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a great piece of art! Jo x

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! The texture is amazing!! I love the colors and design!! The butterflies are so beautiful!! Absolutely stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dorothy S said...

What a lovely creation that uses so many elements and techniques effectively. Thanks for sharing details of your work. Thank you for joining the QKR Stampede Anything Goes (option - keep your eye on the ball) challenge this week. Dorothy S, DT member.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Wonderful project. Love the mosaic tile effect and the bold color choices. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS

Heather said...

Very pretty! Love those beautiful butterfly images! And the background is very cool! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built and Jo's Scrap Shack.