Monday, September 18, 2017

We have enough youth... Catch the bug

Monday September 18, 2017
 
Today being Monday that means that
I always have fun with it's my time to do a ABC project.
 
This time I created a book mark
 
 
Awhile back I saw Jennifer McGuire take an envelope and seal the back flap then cut the envelope in half and then turn and cut in half again.. Depending on the size of your envelope you may not want to do in half but gauge how big you want your book mark to be. I went 3 X 3.5... so my envelope was for sure not in quarters.. I took another envelope and cut the same size and added tape to front and back and inserted it inside the other so that I had a sturdy book mark since envelopes are pretty flimsy.  I guess you could use 2 pieces of card stock and get same effect.
 
I took some Ranger Distress grit paste and added some dots with my dot stencil. I set it aside to dry.
I took the bobble head farm cat from Bugaboo and colored the image with copics and fussy cut him out.  I found this sentiment from Stella September calendar image. I thought it was went along with the theme of the book mark. 

 
since the background of the book mark has the folded flaps of the envelope I took a piece of scrap card stock and stamped a My Favorite Things book sentiment. I then took my Glaze black pen and doodled around the edges. I then adhered to the backside of the book mark.

Challenges:
The daily marker - Day 18
QKR Stampede #261 - anything goes
Scrapping 4 fun #98 - technique (cutting envelope into bookmark)
A bit more time to craft #52 - anything goes
Use your stuff #280 - pets

8 comments:

missgailly said...

Too cute and what a great idea! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Priya said...

A beautiful make. Very cute. Thanks for playing with us at Scrapping4fun Challenges.
Priya-DT Member

Majda said...

Really pretty book mark, I love the cat and sentiment - actually I love all the pretty elements :-)
Thank you for sharing with us at Scrapping4fun. Majda, DT

Majo said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff!
Majo - DT ♥

Sherri said...

Darling card & love both the outside & inside sentiments! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

crafty said...

Love the book mark and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card. Thank for sharin it at Scrapping4fun challenge.
Miroslava DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Lovely bookmark and sentiment
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com